Art Competition Details
We are excited to announce our first art competition on the 9th of September. The competition has no entry fee and only open to artists who are based in Western Australia. The accepted artists will be featured in our art book and exhibition at Art Garage 191 (191 Scarborough Beach Road, Mt. Hawthorn). Then, one winner will receive $500 prize money, free publicity on our social media, and become the cover page of our art book! The deadline for the competition is the 1st of November.
Theme: What 2020 means to you?
Description: The first thing that comes to mind when we think of 2020 is the global pandemic that has changed our lives. However, 2020 is more than just the global pandemic and each of you has your own interpretation of 2020. This is where you can show everyone what 2020 means to you through your artwork. Don’t forget to use the hashtag: #What2020MeanstoMeArt
Criteria for Artists
- Entries must follow the competition theme.
- Open to artists who are based in WA only.
- Traditional or digital artwork is allowed.
- Artists must draw and submit their own original artwork.
- Only one artwork is allowed per entrant.
- You must use Pic It! to add additional content and show more than just your artwork. You can add photos, videos, sound and/or text.
- For example:
• Use your artwork as a cover of your comic! People can scan your artwork on their phone to read the comic that you made.
• Use your artwork as a cover of your animation! People can scan your artwork on their phone to watch the animation that you made.
• Show the animated version of your artwork! People can scan your artwork on their phone to see the animated version and listen to music to amplify the mood of the artwork.
There are more things that you can do by combining your artwork and the content you can show with the app! Show your creativity and impress more people with your art! Additionally, you can insert content such as:
- Behind the scenes
- How you created your artwork
- Your commentary
- Links to your website, social media, or any contact information
1st place winner:
- $500 prize money
- Shout out and free publicity on our social media on what do you want to promote
- Become the cover page of the artbook
- Featured in our artbook and exhibition
Criteria for judging for the exhibition and artbook selection
- The interpretation of the theme
- The creativity of using Pic It! to show more content
- The overall impression of the artwork and the additional content
Criteria for judging for the winner
- The same as the criteria for the accepted artists
- The number of votes
How does it work?
1. Participants must first submit their artwork in JPG format along with the submission form by email at email@example.com for
the exhibition and artbook selection.
2. The deadline for submission is on the 1st of November at 6 pm.
3. After artworks are received, we will announce through email by 7th of November the artists that are accepted to be a part of the
artbook and art exhibition.
4. The accepted artists should submit the physical artwork to be displayed on the art exhibition by 1st of December between
4-6 pm to Art Garage 191.
5. The voting for the winner starts from 4th to 5th of December where people scan your artwork to vote. This is the chance for you
to appeal to people on why they should vote for your artwork!
6. The winner will be announced on the last day of the exhibition which is on the 5th of December at 7pm.
7. Artists can collect their artwork on 6th of December at 1 pm.
8. The artbook will be available for sale after the exhibition ends.
Terms & Conditions
- Your artwork will be used only for marketing and promotional purposes, as well as a display on our art exhibition and artbook that will be available for sale.
- The artist shall retain all copyrights of any artwork they submit to Pic It!.
- The artwork may not be reproduced or used in any manner without the permission of Pic It! and the relevant artist.
- All artwork must be original.
- Pic It! assumes no liability or responsibility for artists and their artworks, including but not limited to copyright, damage, misinterpretation or loss.
- The views of the artists and artwork are not a representation of Pic It!
- The judges decision is final and appeals can not be made.
- Successful entrants will be reimbursed $8.99 for the use of a 30 day Classic subscription upon delivery of artwork.